My Domain.... my ideas..... my thoughts...... ME!!

This is my page..... All about me (the 1st post).... my ideas, my thoughts..... what i think, what i like, what i don't like..... etc... Comments are most welcome!! :)

Name:
Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India

hmm... this is a toughie to answer, bcoz i feel i am a complicated fella whom others find it hard to understand, so i think its better u get to know me urself... i am a friendly, gentle and jovial person :) :) who takes life as it comes and believes in 'living in the moment' and not worrying too much about the future.... My passions include reading, writing, analysing problems & counselling and music.


Request to all my viewers: Please add comments and sign my guestbook

Sunday, April 16, 2006

One Night @Rishikesh

Sometimes life makes u face some really odd situations but, then they themselves are an adventure of a life time! I got such an opportunity when I had gone to Rishikesh to meet one of my best friend’s mom. It was 5th January 2006 and I started for Rishikesh at around 2:30 p.m. hoping to get there by 4p.m. However, I was able to reach Rishikesh only by 5:30 and then located my friend’s home without many difficulties. We chatted, shared some intimate details and had a great time. Even though, I met her for the first time, I found her company to be very nice.

Now, the thing is that the last bus left Rishikesh for Dehradun by 8:00 p.m. and by the time I reached the bus-stop, after bidding her good-bye, it was slightly above 8 ‘o clock and the last bus had left. I was in a fix as to what shall be done now. The real adventure starts from here. I was totally lonely there and had been to Rishikesh for the first time. There were some taxi-wallahs but they were charging as high as Rs. 600/- to Dehradun. I tried to fix up with an auto-wallah but he was quite reluctant as he didn’t have the proper permit and since it was quite chilly, I would have become a ‘cold duck’ (with everything open in the auto rickshaw)

However, I thought, I would be able to brave the cold and it was just a matter for an hour. Finally, I convinced him by another 50 bucks. Well, it wasn't so bad.. I would still be able to reach my place, although I would have to shell out a couple of hundred bucks extra… But, I guess I assumed that a bit too soon as my luck was not in my favour that night.

Now this guy, made a U-turn into a very dark lane. The road was damn bumpy and i shaking like hell, as though there was some earthquake. There were hardly any lights on the street except for some in the 2-3 houses nearby. So, the autowallah stops and then tells me he needs to get some papers and would be back soon. Well, I found the situation a bit hostile and going out of hand… Even though, I was not afraid of anything, however weird thoughts started coming in my mind. The motive of this guy? He knows I am all alone and totally unknown with the place. It was nearly 9:15 p.m. and getting very cold. To add to it, I didn’t even bring my sweater, was just wearing a jacket (damn! I didn’t know it would be so cold in Rishikesh)

Anyway, I thought that there is nothing much I could do about it. So I called home and told my sister-in-law that I would be back in an hour. Finally, this guy came back with 4-5 other people. At the first sight, I thought, “Gaurav beta, ladne ke liye tayyar ho jao” (Get ready to fight!) Anyway, the guy told me that he was the owner and in this weather he would charge me Rs.800 to take me to D’dun.

I was dumb stuck.. this is pure robbery. But I knew, with the situation at hand, there was nothing much I could do and would have to cave in anyhow. I tried to bargain with him in vain, but no results. I was cold and hungry and hence gave up.. thinking that today, is not really my day. Probably, God has destined me to get ripped off at the hands of this moron! So Amen! Anyway, we started for our journey, yet I was suspicious about this guy. I had to be very vigilant here. He took me to another place and stopped the car. I was a little frustrated at him for stopping the car after every 5 mins, but he said he would be back soon. This place wasn’t so odd as there were houses all around and street lights too. He again made me wait for some 10 minutes and by that time he got the keys of the car and some friends of his for a free ride to D’dun. Damn! Free ride at my expense?

Anyway, we started for the journey. It wasn’t so bad as the car provided a closed environment and I didn’t feel cold any longer. But that one hour was quite taxing as i still couldn't relax. I had to be on my guard till the time, i reach home. However, i tried to concentrate my attention on something else. The driver was not so bad as he was able to drive fast despite a heavy fog outside. He was able to touch D’dun by 10:15 p.m., exactly after an hour as he promised and I got down, after paying him 800 bucks and heaving a sigh of relief that finally I can relax!

Though the incident was a bit scary, but I enjoyed it.. atleast there was an adventure attached to it and so to say, that after associating it with a filmy sequence, I did have the last laugh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anurag said...

Man its not bad to be adventurous but when it comes to life i think being precautionary is better then taking any unwanted risk.
waisa bhi kisi na sahi kaha hai
" JAAN HAI TO JAHAN HAI"

Monday, December 29, 2008 10:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home