My Domain.... my ideas..... my thoughts...... ME!!

This is my page..... All about me (the 1st post).... my ideas, my thoughts..... what i think, what i like, what i don't like..... etc... Comments are most welcome!! :)

Name:
Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India

hmm... this is a toughie to answer, bcoz i feel i am a complicated fella whom others find it hard to understand, so i think its better u get to know me urself... i am a friendly, gentle and jovial person :) :) who takes life as it comes and believes in 'living in the moment' and not worrying too much about the future.... My passions include reading, writing, analysing problems & counselling and music.


Request to all my viewers: Please add comments and sign my guestbook

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Fun at Merrybrown

This incident happened more than a month back. The day started pretty badly with me having to run around getting my bike fixed and searching for its spare parts, etc etc. Skipping the unnerving details, i would say that it was around 3:30 p.m. and i had been thoroughly exhausted with the day. I was near the main city area (ernakulam) and had a couple of hours before picking up my bike from the workshop and hence decided to check out the latest mall that had sprung up - 'Bay Pride Mall'. It was still under construction but a few shops had opened up, including Merrybrown.

I was thinking that the whole day had been such a mess, so why not just take a chill in the A/C restaurant of Merrybrown. I went inside and was looking at the rate chart.. Everything was so darn expensive and i had no choice. I thought, what the heck! its been a bad day and lemme order something nice to cheer myself up.

So, i ordered the Kung-pao chicken, thinking of trying it out. Now, most of u would be knowing how much quantity Merrybrown would be serving in the plate. Anyway, they were giving a side dish of spring rolls and noodles alongwith it, and hence it wasn't so bad. I began muching the contents quietly and i was about to finish the chicken, when i noticed a dead insect in the plate. I was pretty mad at the mess and showed my disappointment to the manager.

I told him that its the first time i have visited Merrybrown and i am utterly disapponted. The manager tried to defend himself by saying that it was an over-burnt piece of a lettuce or something, but i clearly showed him the insect with all its legs and hands... yuk! Anyway, the manager was a nut-case and readily caved in, to prevent any commotion there.

His sub-ordinate was a very courteous fellow and readily apologized to me a number of times. I was rather impressed by his behaviour, in the manner he owned upto his superior's and his sub-ordinate's mistakes. He requested me to order something else and i decided to try out another variety of chicken, add to it the side dish. So when i got up, i had consumed two plates of chicken, two plates of spring rolls, a plate of fried rice, a plate of noodles and a soft drink for a mere Rs. 110/- (inc taxes) at Merrybrown . It was a sumptuous meal at an extremely good rate!! I actually, found it hard to eat that much, but then who would get such a lucky chance at Merrybrown and then waste food.

Jokes apart, one really gets to witness how these multi-national fast-food corporates handle such situations. For a customer, getting another dish within the same amount might be a big deal, but for them, it hardly matters. The way, the guy owned upto everyone's mistakes, with a smile, even though it was none of his fault, really impressed me with their corporate culture.
Secondly, the place was very well kept yet one can't deny the fact that such incidents will not occur. However, the way they showed their customer-oriented attitude is quite interesting to notice. Quite true as Gandhiji has said that the customer is like God and hence customer satisfaction is the supreme objective.

Finally, i could say that the day was not so bad... 'All's well that end's well'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home