My Domain.... my ideas..... my thoughts...... ME!!

This is my page..... All about me (the 1st post).... my ideas, my thoughts..... what i think, what i like, what i don't like..... etc... Comments are most welcome!! :)

Name:
Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India

hmm... this is a toughie to answer, bcoz i feel i am a complicated fella whom others find it hard to understand, so i think its better u get to know me urself... i am a friendly, gentle and jovial person :) :) who takes life as it comes and believes in 'living in the moment' and not worrying too much about the future.... My passions include reading, writing, analysing problems & counselling and music.


Request to all my viewers: Please add comments and sign my guestbook

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A visit to Mr. Nair's House

Few days back, i got an invitation from one of my dad's friend, Mr. Nair, to visit him at his home near Cherthala, which is roughly 30 Kms from where i stay. Although, i wasn't very keen on visiting an unknown person, yet, as he had sent his son to bring me, i agreed. So, began the day and we kept on going and kept on going. I was wondering whether this journey had an end? We reached to a place called Aroor and then after that to a place called 'Kutty Aroor' (kutty means mini) and still the guy kept on driving. That place wasn't very big and I was hoping that, finally i have reached my destination, when he took a cut into a jungle, which seemed more like a graveyard, with lots of kuccha roads and wild greenery and then in the midst of the forest, i saw a house.

Next I met Mr. Nair and we had a little chat, but he was quite a peculiar person, as he would talk a little whenever i initiate a conversation and then there would be silence for a long time, which would be quite awkward. To add to it, he will start singing something, which i won't understand. Next, his son joined us and was telling me about the temperature difference between Kochi and Aroor (i wondered 30 kms and temp. difference...? This is new)
To add to the boredom, the Nair family would engage in personal talks in malayalam, of which i can't make a head or a tail and wouldn't know what to do or say, when they start looking at me in between or laughing.

Anyway, after that me and his son went for a walk outside in the burning sun, although i wasn't very keen on it, but it was just to be courteous to my host. The place was a complete jungle, with no amenities like hospitals or markets nearby. Within few minutes we came back and played carrom (frankly, that was the best part of the whole day!)

So, later on, lunch was served and we munched on rice and sambhar in absolute silence. I was hoping, that i have furnished the requisite formalities and its better to head back. So, on my request, Mr. Nair offered to drop me back... However..

Seems like he had some other plans for me, and we stopped at his brother's residence as well, where i was introduced to his whole family starting from his Amma to his brother and others. It was quite awkward for me to be with these strangers and then pretend to be their acquaintance. I had to give them my complete intro once again and he was talking about some Gautam Buddh Nagar in Delhi (God! there are so many nagars there, how am i supposed to know... Don't they have anything better to talk?)

The most awkward part was when the whole family would be chatting in malayalam and laughing/saying something and i would sit there like a dummy, not knowing what to do or say. The cream of the article was his amma (mother). Being an old lady, she was looking at me with big eyes, as though i am some weird third-world alien. She couldn't even understand my name 'Gaurav' and Mr. Nair had to break it, twist it and even relate it with 'Gauri' to make her understand it. Somehow, in my head, it felt as though she is secretly planning something for me (maybe about getting me betrothed to one of her grand-daughters and binding me to 'mundu-land' forever... Oh God! have mercy on my poor soul )

My impatience and tolerance was reaching its peak, yet i knew my courtesy would make me sit there much longer. Next Mr. Nair's brother asked me to visit his plantation, where he had grown virtually all fruits and vegetables (and i was thinking that uncleji u can open ur own sabzi-mandi right here!). He showed me everything he had done, in great detail and even introduced me to his 7 buffaloes from a distance. Thank God! he didn't actually take me to them and get me familiar with them personally.

He even talked that his brothers and sisters are staying closeby (Sir! don't make me more tensed than i already am!) I was thinking that all these thoughts aren't stupid but a premonition to an awaiting catastrophe.. Maybe Nair family is really working on its way to getting me hitched to them.. (Jantu jalaltu, aayi balaa ko taal tu!) and what made that thought even more certain was that Mr. Nair one said that me and his son are like brothers (Oh, ok! i get the hint )

Finally, i thought, enough is enough.. i told Mr. nair's son that i really really have to make a move now, if u don't mind. So finally, we made a move and he dropped me at the bus stand.
Freedom at last!

p.s. Mr. Nair, no offences to you.. your hospitality was great and i whole-heartedly acknowledge that.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

gaurav..not done..u should have met mr.nair's buffalo...thry might have provided u a good company..u never know..( hahah)
gauri..and gaurav....aww..whats the connection....
pretty humorous post..
better luck next time with ur outing.

Saturday, April 15, 2006 7:43:00 AM  
Blogger Gaurav said...

Well mr. nair actually had some diff plans for me.. and i can picturize myself wearing a mundu and .... the rest of the pic is too horrific to describe.

But yeah! my name has been really twisted, broken , mauled and converted into various lingos.. bechara mera naam! its so nice :D

Saturday, April 15, 2006 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger Gaurav said...

c'mon kartik , shbuh shubh bolo... ab sab milke bacche ki jaan loge kya? :D

Saturday, April 15, 2006 1:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

quite an interesting experinec gaurav. so shaadi kab hai ?

pooza

Saturday, April 15, 2006 2:14:00 PM  
Blogger Gaurav said...

nahiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

mujhe maro, peeto.. torture karo.. kuch bhi karo, lekin aisa zulm mat karo... :)

Sunday, April 16, 2006 12:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no gaurav. you should not post such a comment in the net. do u know what mr.nair feel if he come across it ? u could have avoided the trip and simply sit where u feel u r free. and ur remarks about the place : i personaly know the place and its really marvellous ( atleast when compared with a u.p. village!).i really disagree with you.

chiplota@rediffmail.com

Saturday, May 20, 2006 8:17:00 AM  
Blogger Gaurav said...

@chiplota at rediffmail.com

The post i had written in the humourous side and should be taken in the lighter vein only. I don't mean to insult Mr. Nair's hospitality but yes, i did feel it awkward after one limit.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 11:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home