My Domain.... my ideas..... my thoughts...... ME!!

This is my page..... All about me (the 1st post).... my ideas, my thoughts..... what i think, what i like, what i don't like..... etc... Comments are most welcome!! :)

Name:
Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India

hmm... this is a toughie to answer, bcoz i feel i am a complicated fella whom others find it hard to understand, so i think its better u get to know me urself... i am a friendly, gentle and jovial person :) :) who takes life as it comes and believes in 'living in the moment' and not worrying too much about the future.... My passions include reading, writing, analysing problems & counselling and music.


Request to all my viewers: Please add comments and sign my guestbook

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Soap Operas - Entertainment OR Taint-ment

Everynight i used to have strenuous arguments with my mom over the TV remote... reason being she enjoyed the saas-bahu soap operas which i loathed from every corner of my body.. I never understood (still don't !!) that what do all these mummies, bhabhies, aunties, and even uncles get from watching such a boring entertainment....

I can say, that presently there has been a plethora of soap operas... and almost all the TV channels viz. STAR, Zee, Sony, Sahara, etc have a chain of some the dumbest soap operas (this is my personal opinion, offcourse!) Almost all the soaps have just got fictitious drama... with all that rona-dhona.... capturing the minds of the viewers with bakwas melodrama! and due to this, even little children are so glued to their TV sets that they would even forget food and work! .... but who is to blame them.... they merely follow their elders....

But putting all that aside, the million dollar question is what is so special about these soap operas and what benefits do we get from them..... Easily i can say, NONE at all .There is not a single informative thing about them.... a person can get a lot of news and information from watching the News Channels, but what on Earth, will he get from watching these!!

These soaps merely play with the emotional sentiments of the viewers to keep them glued to their TV sets and folks keep watching one after the other.... some even straight for 3-4 hours...

The first thing is that it totally hampers the social life of people who get very little time from their daily jobs, and then spend the remaining time with the TV set and thus they don't get any time for themselves or for their children.

Soap operas have mainly masala and rarely teach anything about culture, that might be true... People get so infatuated with them, that they start to think of themselves as characters of the drama and start comparing the living conditions of their homes with those depicted in the soaps. This invites silliness as they forget that what they're watching is merely a fiction and it doesn't have any connection with real life....

Soap operas have actually hampered the lives of the people where-by all their creativity is lost... they merely sit in front of their idiot box rather than making use of their time for productivity.. and hence losing conciousness over their real life....

I think, these soap operas bring in more 'taint-ment' rather than entertainment and people really get confused between reel and real life.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home